Has it really been 19 weeks?
At once, it feels like so much time has passed and also, no time at all. I think I’ve said that before, but it keeps proving true.
My boy has grown so much in a million different ways, and I’ve grown. I’ve been stretched to my limits and brought to my knees. Of course, like anyone else, it is the greatest bliss I’ve known, like cuddling up to a piece of your very own heart.
Given the holiday that just passed, thankful is the word that comes to mind.
I am thankful beyond measure… for the pain and joy that brought me so unexpectedly to this little person… for the love that Ryan and I have built together and that made it all possible.
My beautiful son brings out some of the best (and worst) things in me. He makes me want to rise above my lazy acceptance of things to honor and acknowledge who I really am and how I’ve navigated my world. Having always experienced a level of privilege he may never know, self-reflection is the least I can do. Sometimes, it feels like I’ve matured more in 19 weeks than I did in my whole life before.
Also, I find myself being pulled to the deepest reaches of my emotions. Sorrow, anger, frustration, even rage… these aren’t the feelings I expected to have. Being his mother means I have to handle myself even in my most vulnerable states. I’m grateful for it, even if I’m also a little disappointed by it (by me, that is).
Here’s what we’ve been up to…
What We’re Doing
- Taking Elliott to meet Santa (at the mall) soon!
- Introducing him to the nearby aquatic center for their pre-school open swim
- We put up our tree over the weekend and have been listening to Christmas music (Hello Mariah Carey Holiday Radio on Pandora)!
- I lost 8.8 pounds and made $48 on my November Dietbet. Haven’t yet, but I’m thinking I’ll join another in December.
- We’re languishing in the 4-month sleep regression over here. Any time it wants to let up would be fine by all of us.
What I’m Watching
- Fixer Upper
- Tiny House Hunting
- 12 Monkeys
What I’m Cooking
My boy is now 19 weeks. At his 4-mo wellbaby appointment, he weighed 18-lbs and was 26-inches long. Big boy! He loves to laugh, babble, “stand,” and sing. Being his mama is the best thing ever, even with the fact that he’s been giving me hell in the sleep department. 🙂